Pregnancy is a gift and it is one of the most amazing moments in a woman’s life. For working women, pregnancy is quite challenging. This is the reason most women avoid pregnancy while working. But, with proper care and extra attention towards one’s health, both can be managed perfectly.
- Take proper and healthy meals: It is important to be extra careful with the diet during pregnancy. Eat home cooked food only. Avoid eating from outside and junk food. Consume food that makes the immune system strong.
- Wear loose or comfortable clothes to office: Comfort comes first. So, wearing loose fitting clothes will help you to move around and stay comfortable.
- Avoid Stress and Tension: Work stress is very common. Try not to take any kind of stress. Keep calm and think positive. Do not let the stress harm you.
- Take small breaks: Avoid working for long durations. Conserve your energy. In between work, go out for a short walk in order to keep your body and mind free for a while.
- Avoid habits like smoking or drinking: Smoking and drinking can directly impact the one growing inside you. So it would be advisable to distance yourself from such habits.
- Drink plenty of liquids: Keep yourself hydrated at all time. Again, avoid any harmful drink. Use healthy juices instead.
- Avoid lifting weight and maintain a correct body posture: Body becomes delicate during this phase and so be careful while lighting weight. Do not lift anything heavy. Also, adapt a healthy sitting posture.
- Ask your colleagues for help: It is important to let your colleagues and the people you work with know about your pregnancy so that they can help you, especially in case of emergency.
- Sleep well: Rest is a must as your body becomes weak. Minimum 8-9 hours of sleep is necessary. It will help to prevent the swelling and cramps and enhance the blood flow keeping your baby fine.